Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Bitsch is In

Inspired by my love for writing, my devotion to eating, and an awesome blog (Cheap Healthy Good), I have decided to use my ninja-like shopping skills, culinary adventurousness, and… um… laptop computer to embark on a journey of spending less money, eating more healthfully, and bombarding you, dear reader, with far too much information about it.(I'll probably bombard you with more than you ever wanted to know about a lot of things. In fact, you may want to leave now. BUT -- if you stay, there will be cake. Or at least sex brownies. But more about those later.)

A recent M.A. graduate, I spent half a house on school and have to pay that back now. Also, I’m about to start paying for astronomical health insurance. I'm already quite the thrifty girl, but I'm gonna see just how thrifty I can be.

I’ve always been, shall we say, zaftig (so zaftig that I started a fake 80’s metal band with my other zaftig friends – see here). I like to eat, and I’m only moderately active. Hell, I’m a busy girl. I lost about 20 pounds in grad school, but put eight or so of them back on due to writing my master’s thesis on Faulkner (try it and see if your options aren’t a) street drugs, b) alcoholism, or c) ice cream dependency) and due to finding myself in a very cozy relationship with a wonderful man who appreciates my country cooking background and Paula Deen/Nigella tendencies.

This awesome man has not taken the best care of himself (and neither have I), but has been making changes in the last few months to do better with this (so have I).I’m working a bit harder to feed us better, and to do so with deliciousness and low cost. We both like to eat, so food has to taste good. My boyfriend thinks that chickens and cows are vegetables, so food has to be filling. I don't do "fake" (artificial sweetner, margarine, etc. -- it's sugar and butter, dears, though I am willing to cut back on these types of things). These are my parameters for starting off.

So, here we go. The kitschenbitsch is in.

3 comments:

Kris said...

KB, I'm so excited to see what you have in store! Thank you for the kind words. Rawk.

The Badger Poker said...

I love you and your Magnolia-inspired skills. ;-)

Unknown said...

oh my god. i am so so excited about this. i literally squealed when i heard about it!