Friday, August 29, 2008

Wooh, the Bitsch is Back!

Hello! I have been so freaking busy. I started my new job, and it's taken me two weeks to adjust to the point I'm not a complete pile of dead sludge when I get home. But anyway, I'm here, and first up -- two food products I am IN LOVE with.

Exhibit A:





Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Sorbet.

There are no words, but I shall try. Delicious. Chocolate. Frozen. And, dare (dairy?) I say, as good/better than chocolate ice cream. I know, I know. And there's no dairy in it. Cocoa, sugar, corn syrup (not hfcs, though), egg whites, pectin, vanilla, salt. It's just scrumptious, and even if you gorge on it, you don't feel like you ate an entire cow the way you do after you snarf down a pint of Ben and Jerry's (not to say I don't LOVE snarfing down some cookie dough... I just waddle like I'm 13 mos pregnant after). And the best part? 130 calories per 1/2 cup serving. Ie, you can beast through the whole carton and take in 520 calories. And there's only half a gram of fat and no cholesterol per serving. Good stuff.

Exhibit B:


Ling Ling's Chicken Spring Rolls

These are delish, and you can actually recognize everything in the ingredients list. They're quick to prepare, come with tasty sauce, and 3 mini rolls have about 200 calories. At Costco, they run about $10 for a 30-pack.

I hope to be posting a bit more frequently. I have three recipes to put up this weekend if I can get a few minutes.

No comments: